Last Updated: November 9, 2015
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase, create an account, create and share recommendations or participate in any other interactive features of the Services, request customer support, participate in a survey, contest or promotion or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, username, password, photos, address, payment method, and associated information (e.g., comments, messages, custom tags and search queries) and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others. For example, when you order a Bean Box Gift, we may collect the name, phone number, address, and/or email address of the recipient, but note that we will use this information only for purposes of fulfilling your request.
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access or use the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. In addition, certain features of the Services may require access to your device's native phonebook and camera applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you access or use the Services or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through, or using your credentials from, a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social media site.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve the Services and send you related information, including notifications and confirmations;
• Facilitate your communications with other users;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events, and provide other news and information about Bean Box and our select partners;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
• Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match your interests and preferences;
• Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Bean Box is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
• With other users in connection with the privacy preferences you establish through your Bean Box account settings;
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out their work;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Bean Box or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Bean Box takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
If you sign up for a Bean Box account directly through the Services, you can update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your online account and changing your profile information. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that some of the information you provided through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., Pearls that you have shared with others) and that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Bean Box by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.